Over our 2.5 weeks together, we will be exploring the works of famous and not-so famous artworks that were created in response to tragedy and turmoil. We will draw inspiration those that have gone before us as we deep dive into our own feelings and frustrations. Students will leave this 2.5 week long class with:
- Knowledge of artists and artworks that have positively contributed to society amidst unfortunate circumstances.
- Familiarity with art vocabulary such as value, composition, subject matter, and symbols.
- Understanding of artistic processes that result in a well-planned and meaningful final artwork.
- Knowledge of creative habits that encourage self-awareness and connection to God.
- Opportunities to encourage and pray for others.
- Opportunities to give and receive meaningful feedback.
- A final artwork that explores current feelings during the COVID pandemic.
This class starts on Tuesday, March 24.
Videos will be available for replay for up to one year after release.